In the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game game, abominations are the unwanted offspring of a deity and some other being. Abominations are immortal, spiteful, destructive creatures of immense power. Abominations are epic monsters.
Known Types of Abominations
- Anaxim - Ill-conceived constructs crafted by gods of the forge.
- Atropal - Stillborn godlings who spontaneously rise as undead.
- Chichimec - Unwanted offspring of deities of the sky, air, and similar portfolions.
- Dream Larva - Misbegotten offspring of deities of fancy, longing, and dream.
- Hecatoncheires - The oldest abominations, born of proto-deities early in the multiverse's history.
- Infernal - Infernals are born of the ill-starred meeting of god and fiend.
- Phaethon - Phaethons are the progeny of fire gods.
- Phane - Timelost abominations whose deific parents possessed portfolios relating to time or fate.
- Xixecal - Xixecals are born of gods whose portfolios include evil, ice, and chaos.
- Collins, Andy, Bruce R. Cordell, and Thomas M. Reid. Epic Level Handbook (Wizards of the Coast, 2002).