A gargoyle is usually chaotic evil. A gargoyle has the ability to hold itself so still that it appears to be a statue.
The marine gargoyle is known as the kapoacinth.
The margoyle, or marlgoyle, is a more horrid form of gargoyle.
- Baichtal, John. The Dragon's Bestiary: Four Guardian Gargoyles Dragon #223 (TSR, 1995).
- Cook, David, et al. Monstrous Compendium Volume Two (TSR, 1989).
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual (TSR, 1977).
- Stewart, Doug, ed. Monstrous Manual (TSR, 1994).
- Williams, Skip, Jonathan Tweet, and Monte Cook. Monster Manual (Wizards of the Coast, 2000).